Herb tinctures are a great way to enjoy the benefits of botannicals without eating them. They're easy to make and can be used in a variety of ways, including adding to drinks, using as a sublingual, or incorporating into recipes. Here's a simple recipe for making your own herb tincture.
- 1/4 ounce of botanicals
- 1 cup of high-proof alcohol (such as Everclear)
- Mason jar
- Cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer
- Decarboxylate your botanicals using the Infusion Buds Decarboxylator machine.
- Place the decarboxylated botanicals in a mason jar.
- Pour the alcohol into the jar, making sure the botanicals are completely covered.
- Seal the jar and store in a cool, dark place for 4-6 weeks, shaking it every few days.
- After 4-6 weeks, strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer into a container.
- Store the tincture in a cool, dark place and use as desired.